Hello, and welcome!
This website is a 'hub' for my personal interests and work. It's intention is to give a central space on the Internet where you can make use of my resources and ask me for help. I'm always on the look out for work (isn't everyone?) so don't hesitate to contact me if you are looking for someone. This site also targets my students, who (I hope) will use it as a place to pick up handouts that they may have missed, or find that free software I often talk about.
What do I do?
- I'm a teacher at A Level, Further, Adult and Higher Education. My CV is HERE which will give more details. I have taught on a wide variety of courses, and have over 30 years experience in 'the business' of education. I also take on private students. If you live within a 30 mile radius of Newcastle upon Tyne and need help with exams, or course work, or academic study skills, or preparing for an interview (etc.) -- get in touch. I can also give educational advice and/or support work by Skype if you live further afield.
- I also am a trained counsellor and specialise in people who are transgender, questioning their gender, or have gender issues. If you are in need of an empathetic ear, then get in touch. I run a confidential and non-judgmental service.
- Additionally, I do computer repair work! If you live within the Tyneside area and have a faulty PC (Windows, Android, Linux...) then I will come over to your place and help with repairs. I charge a flat fee of £50 per visit (excluding parts and irrespective of the problem), but you only owe me this if I can fix your machine. If it's beyond repair then you only pay £25 (to cover my travel and time).
- Lastly, I create websites. Do you want a site similar to this one? Then get in touch for either tuition or to ask me to do the work for you! I can install Concrete5 CMS, do the basic design work, and train you to add the content or do maintenance.
- Want to contact me? Jump to THIS page...
Bea Groves-McDaniel (Sept 2017)
Useful and Recommended Links: